Liquid Diet Day #2

Day 2 of my pre-op liquid diet.



I do feel my energy level is lower, as if my body is shutting down inessential functions. I get sleepy during the day which I think is good considering I am insomniac and it's a good chance to catch up on my sleep.

So far no food cravings and every time I get hungry, I immediately take my liquid meal, which is 3 scoops of Ensure + 2 scoops of protein powder and that usually does it. In between meals, I drink water or take sips of light cranberry juice from Ocean Spray. Staying hydrated is important because that usually helps getting rid of the terrible hunger pangs, which are not real hunger pangs but actually dehydration masquerading as one.

You'll get terrible dry mouth and I find taking sips of light cranberry juice really helps because the sour taste stimulates saliva and it also helps with the nausea that you sometimes have when you haven't been eating.

I had constipation on day 1 and this morning also nothing, so I decided to take a laxative pill and it worked...sort of...I finally had a bowel movement but it was...(TMI alert!!)...tiny. I feel like not all of the food that I ate the day before I started my liquid diet have passed yet but I definitely feel better after my BM.

A little observation: I find cold drinks hard on my stomach now. I'd get this uncomfortable pain in my stomach if I drink cold water, and it's uncanny how good room temperature light cranberry juice tastes when you're not allowed to eat anything!!

Just to share with you, I actually resigned from my job a few months ago because I found it very hard to juggle work and weight loss surgery. I wanted to have a complete control of my day and not be bogged down by work stuff that follows you home through whatsapp groups and such, and I couldn't see that happening whilst working, so I made the brave decision, which, while it wasn't that hard to see that it was clearly something I had to do, of course required sacrifice on my part in the form of income loss. There really is no right or wrong but my advice is, if you feel you need to quit work for a while, get your finance in order.

So, going into the pre-op liquid diet phase, I foresee the biggest issue I'd have would be how to stay motivated, and I solve this by going to places that can distract me / remind me of the stuff that awaits me at the end of the bridge on the other side. This means malls. Lots and lots of malls. Luckily, those are not in short supply where I live.

Just this morning, I decided out of the blue that I would walk around this main landmark district in my town. It would be the equivalent of a Parisian having a walk around the Eiffel tower and its surroundings. It is a beautiful district but as a local, I seldom go there and this morning, it just seemed right. So I went there, the weather was beautiful, and I just took it all in. I am determined to make the most of this weight loss journey and that includes doing things I would normally not be able to do because I was working.

And then, I went to this high end mall and just feasted my eyes on all the beautiful dresses and shoes and I find this really helps me stay motivated. If anything, it makes me to want to succeed even more. Just remember to bring some water or light cranberry juice with you to stay hydrated and keep your mind sane.

To tell you the truth, I am very worried about staying motivated. I am very easily bored so I need as much new things as possible to keep me entertained on a daily basis. Besides going for a walk some place new, I find watching certain things also keep my motivation high. Right now it's the Juventus documentary on Netflix and any shows involving Rupaul's Drag Race queens. Today I watched Strangers for Cash with Milk and Kim Chi, and Besties for Cash with Trixie and Katya.

Fino alla fine!

Comments