Liquid Diet Week #1 Summary

What a week this has been.


I must say the worst was day #3 / day #4, when the excitement of embarking on the liquid diet has subsided yet there was still a significant mile to go.

These are my stats when I started the liquid diet a week ago:

Height: 5'4" / 164 cm
Weight: 104 kg / 229.3 pounds
Blood pressure: 144/98
Blood sugar: 6.4 mmol

And here's my stats a week after:

Height: 5'4" / 164 cm
Weight: 100.2 kg / 220.9 pounds
Blood pressure: 117/76
Blood sugar: 5.0 mmol

As you can see, I lost 3.8 kg / 8.4 pounds in a week and there's marked improvement on my blood pressure and blood sugar as well. This morning, albeit still with the help of medication, my fasting blood sugar read squarely within the normal range. As someone with type 2 diabetes running in her family, I can't tell you what an accomplishment this is.

This liquid diet is like a little glimpse of life after surgery. I find that you need to find things to keep yourself motivated and stay focused, to simplify things, to have a good routine and stick to it, day in and day out, and I hope to keep this up for the rest of my life.

As far as non-scale victories go, there's this blue dress that used to be tight but now, it fits me like a glove - well, it's a little loose, in fact, as days go by.

I have also been able to cross my legs slightly, and more importantly, I will soon be below 100 kg, which is my immediate goal at the moment.

When I was younger, I never thought I'd cross the 100 kg threshold. It was ridiculously cartoonish, I never thought I'd be one of those fat people who weigh more than 100kg, but I was - I am - but I am determined to prove that you can still go back, even after you cross that threshold.

Fino alla fine!

Comments