Post-Op Day 6

Just a quick update on my post-op life.


Day 2 post-op I was discharged from the hospital. I don't remember when exactly they stopped the morphine but I remember the pain was quite manageable when I was still in the hospital. Once I got home, though, my stomach was feeling quite sore. Nothing extreme but the pain was definitely more pronounced so I took the prescribed paracetamol to deal with it.

Day 2 - Day 4 I was sleeping a lot due to the pain killers and I hated it but perhaps it was for the best because then my body had time to really heal. I also ensured to get my fluids and protein needs met, two most essential things for healing.

By the end of Day 4, I no longer felt the need to take pain killers. I was totally off them by Day 5.

All in all, by Day 5 I was feeling great. I was able to start walking around up to 6k steps and another thing that makes Day 5 awesome: I finally had a bowel movement! Say what you will about it but life gets infinitely better when you've had a bowel movement. I had to take senna to encourage it, though.

Was having some cravings for carbs yesterday but I got through it and now vow to try to let go of my old eating habit and eat healthy.

I've been cleaning my wounds with the antiseptic soap that the hospital gave me to clean myself with before my surgery. They are healing nicely but the skin around them are itchy, I believe it's a reaction due to the leftover adhesive from when they removed the dressings.

Today is Day 6 and everything is great. I've been steadily losing weight again, hopefully I could lose a couple more pounds before the next appointment.

Fino alla fine!

Comments