2 Months Post-Op Update

I'm a couple of days shy from hitting the 2 months post-op mark today.


Everything has been going great with the exception that I haven't been able to have a regular bowel movement naturally. Dulcolax doesn't help, only senna does. I was doing okay but last month I had the worst constipation brought about by PMS which usually resolves itself once I get my period but somehow it didn't, and I've been taking senna daily ever since.

So, let's start with some stats, shall we? This morning (Oct 13, 2018):
- Weight: 88.3 kg (194.7 lbs.)
- BMI: 32.8
- Class 1 obesity (BMI 30 - 34.9)

As a reminder, this was my stats at the beginning of my weight loss journey back in November 2017:
- Weight: 109.6 kg (241.6 lbs.)
- BMI: 40.7
- Class 3 obesity (BMI >40)

Milestones I've reached so far post surgery:
- I am now down to Class 1 obesity (BMI <34.9)
- I am officially in onederland
- I've gotten below the 90s kg range

Non-scale victories:
- I am squarely UK size 18 now. At my highest weight, I could fit into UK size 20 if they were made of stretchy fabrics, so I was probably a UK size 22 back then.
- Almost everyone noticed / complimented me that I've lost a good amount of weight.
- My shoes size is down 2 sizes (!!). I used to wear UK size 8 (that's continental size 42), and a wide-fit one if I could get my hands on them. Last week I just bought a pair of shoes in UK size 6.5 (a continental size 40). They're still a wide-fit pair because I am still overweight and I find the wide-fit ones to be more comfortable but nonetheless, 2 sizes down, people!
- I can cross my legs (sort of). I still can't do it comfortably and effortlessly but it's not outside the realm of extreme possibilities anymore (that's an X-files reference, btw :p )

I could eat practically anything now but I've found crunchy, crispy fried foods to cause discomfort, which is a good thing. I still love and enjoy carbs but in much smaller amount than I used to. I also still love sweets, I don't find them to be sickly as some people reported post-vsg but again, I don't eat them as much as I used to. Steamed or boiled foods are the best, and I love having vegetables and fruits (always have).

I have also been exercising everyday now. I only started exercising at the start of October but already, I feel so much better. I've been taking one rest day per week but I aim to eventually make exercising part of my daily life, just like eating or having a bowel movement. It's mind-boggling how you really don't have to live at the gym. My exercise regimen only consisted of a 20-minute cardio blast by Michael Carson from Exercise TV (you can find it on Youtube) in the first week. I lost 5.1kg and an incredible 7.5cm off my waist in a month. I have added another 10 minutes of the Trim Torso exercise by Steven Maresca (also from Exercise TV) now and am excited to see how this will change my body.

I've noticed that the weight loss rate is definitely slower compared to during the pre-op liquid phase where I lost 6.1 kg in 2 weeks through diet alone. But I was bigger then and the all-liquid diet was so horrible. What I'm doing now is much more sustainable and feels like a way of life instead of a diet or weight loss program, and I'm happy about that.

I haven't been losing my hair (fingers crossed that it won't happen!), in fact, ever since surgery I feel like I'm getting more vitamins, calcium, and protein than I was before. I used to have quite a bad hair fall but now I feel like I have a normal daily hair loss. My skin is clearer (I think due to all those exercises) and I used to have a patch of eczema on the back of my head that suddenly just cleared up.

On a downside, I've been having rashes on both sides of my lower stomach, I suppose it's from the areas losing fat and the cellulite and stretch marks readjusting itself or something. It's incredibly itchy and I've been applying lotion to the area to help soothe the skin.

So, my next target is to get to 85kg just in time for a cousin's wedding in early November. That's 3.5 kg in 3 weeks, which should be attainable if I keep up what I'm doing now. Hopefully I could meet my target. Check back with you in a few weeks!

P.S. The temperature has dropped down quite a bit and I'm writing this accompanied by the sweet and comforting scent of Apple Pumpkin candle from Yankee's Candle. Mmmm!

Fino alla fine!

Comments